MP CM seeks clearance of state`s rail proposals
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has asked Railway Minister Mallikarjun Khadge to clear pending rail-related proposals of the state at the earliest.
In a letter written on Thursday, Chouhan has drawn the minister`s attention towards the fact that no significant provisions were made in the 2013-14 railway budget for rail network and connectivity in Madhya Pradesh, which has disappointed the state.
Madhya Pradesh is richly endowed with diverse flora and fauna, wildlife, cultural heritage, places of historical interest and pilgrimage destinations. Moreover, the state has become an emerging centre for investments in industrial and allied sectors, he said in the letter.
On account of these, Madhya Pradesh is witnessing significant increase of visitors every year, he said, adding that low rail connectivity in the state is posing a great hindrance to tourism and industrial development.
Many resolutions passed by the state Legislative Assembly for the improvement of the rail network and connectivity are pending before the Railway Ministry for approval, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends