MP CM seeks clearance of state`s rail proposals
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has asked Railway Minister Mallikarjun Khadge to clear pending rail-related proposals of the state at the earliest.
In a letter written on Thursday, Chouhan has drawn the minister`s attention towards the fact that no significant provisions were made in the 2013-14 railway budget for rail network and connectivity in Madhya Pradesh, which has disappointed the state.
Madhya Pradesh is richly endowed with diverse flora and fauna, wildlife, cultural heritage, places of historical interest and pilgrimage destinations. Moreover, the state has become an emerging centre for investments in industrial and allied sectors, he said in the letter.
On account of these, Madhya Pradesh is witnessing significant increase of visitors every year, he said, adding that low rail connectivity in the state is posing a great hindrance to tourism and industrial development.
Many resolutions passed by the state Legislative Assembly for the improvement of the rail network and connectivity are pending before the Railway Ministry for approval, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional