MP CM seeks clearance of state`s rail proposals
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has asked Railway Minister Mallikarjun Khadge to clear pending rail-related proposals of the state at the earliest.
In a letter written on Thursday, Chouhan has drawn the minister`s attention towards the fact that no significant provisions were made in the 2013-14 railway budget for rail network and connectivity in Madhya Pradesh, which has disappointed the state.
Madhya Pradesh is richly endowed with diverse flora and fauna, wildlife, cultural heritage, places of historical interest and pilgrimage destinations. Moreover, the state has become an emerging centre for investments in industrial and allied sectors, he said in the letter.
On account of these, Madhya Pradesh is witnessing significant increase of visitors every year, he said, adding that low rail connectivity in the state is posing a great hindrance to tourism and industrial development.
Many resolutions passed by the state Legislative Assembly for the improvement of the rail network and connectivity are pending before the Railway Ministry for approval, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis