MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan meets Advani
New Delhi: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan tonight met BJP patriarch L K Advani whose resignation from key posts had created a flutter in the party.
The Chief Minister, who flew to Delhi late at night, held a brief meeting with the octogenarian leader at his residence.
Advani had yesterday resigned from three main forums of the BJP-- national executive, parliamentary board and election committee-- apparently miffed over Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s appointment as chief of election campaign committee.
BJP President Rajnath Singh and other senior members of the party today persuaded him to reverse his decision.
Advani had recently appreciated the Madhya Pradesh chief minister over Modi for his development work in the `Bimaru` state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Focus on defence, security as PM Modi meets Uzbek President
- President tells IIT, IISc-Bangalore and IISER scholars to make India great
- Accident blocks Delhi-Howrah rail route, two dozen trains diverted
- Israel says Abbas reviving old `blood libel` against Jews
- Colombia government, FARC rebels sign ceasefire