MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan meets Advani
New Delhi: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan tonight met BJP patriarch L K Advani whose resignation from key posts had created a flutter in the party.
The Chief Minister, who flew to Delhi late at night, held a brief meeting with the octogenarian leader at his residence.
Advani had yesterday resigned from three main forums of the BJP-- national executive, parliamentary board and election committee-- apparently miffed over Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s appointment as chief of election campaign committee.
BJP President Rajnath Singh and other senior members of the party today persuaded him to reverse his decision.
Advani had recently appreciated the Madhya Pradesh chief minister over Modi for his development work in the `Bimaru` state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!