MP CM showed black flags by Congress workers, 180 arrested
Jabalpur: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, Shivraj Singh Chouhan was on Sunday allegedly shown black flags by Congress members following which 180 party workers, including 25 women were arrested, police said.
Chouhan was shown black flags by Congress workers during his day-long visit to the city protesting non-fulfilment of certain promises made by him earlier.
About 180 Congress workers including 25 women, a former Minister Kaushalya Gotia and MLA Lakhan Ghanghoria were arrested, police said.
The Congressmen showed black flags to Chouhan at places like Civil Lines, Indira Market and Gokalpur in Ranjhi Police Station area, they said.
Jabalpur City Congress President Dinesh Yadav alleged that Chouhan had inked large number of MoUs to set up industries here during investors meet held earlier but not a single unit has come up in the region.
In the absence of any industries, youth here was forced to migrate to other states, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- LIVE: Pakistan's nuclear weapons may fall into hands of jihadists, fears Hillary Clinton