MP CM showed black flags by Congress workers, 180 arrested
Jabalpur: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, Shivraj Singh Chouhan was on Sunday allegedly shown black flags by Congress members following which 180 party workers, including 25 women were arrested, police said.
Chouhan was shown black flags by Congress workers during his day-long visit to the city protesting non-fulfilment of certain promises made by him earlier.
About 180 Congress workers including 25 women, a former Minister Kaushalya Gotia and MLA Lakhan Ghanghoria were arrested, police said.
The Congressmen showed black flags to Chouhan at places like Civil Lines, Indira Market and Gokalpur in Ranjhi Police Station area, they said.
Jabalpur City Congress President Dinesh Yadav alleged that Chouhan had inked large number of MoUs to set up industries here during investors meet held earlier but not a single unit has come up in the region.
In the absence of any industries, youth here was forced to migrate to other states, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'