MP CM showed black flags by Congress workers, 180 arrested
Jabalpur: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, Shivraj Singh Chouhan was on Sunday allegedly shown black flags by Congress members following which 180 party workers, including 25 women were arrested, police said.
Chouhan was shown black flags by Congress workers during his day-long visit to the city protesting non-fulfilment of certain promises made by him earlier.
About 180 Congress workers including 25 women, a former Minister Kaushalya Gotia and MLA Lakhan Ghanghoria were arrested, police said.
The Congressmen showed black flags to Chouhan at places like Civil Lines, Indira Market and Gokalpur in Ranjhi Police Station area, they said.
Jabalpur City Congress President Dinesh Yadav alleged that Chouhan had inked large number of MoUs to set up industries here during investors meet held earlier but not a single unit has come up in the region.
In the absence of any industries, youth here was forced to migrate to other states, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'