MP CM showed black flags by Congress workers, 180 arrested
Jabalpur: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister, Shivraj Singh Chouhan was on Sunday allegedly shown black flags by Congress members following which 180 party workers, including 25 women were arrested, police said.
Chouhan was shown black flags by Congress workers during his day-long visit to the city protesting non-fulfilment of certain promises made by him earlier.
About 180 Congress workers including 25 women, a former minister Kaushalya Gotia and MLA Lakhan Ghanghoria were arrested, police said.
The Congressmen showed black flags to Chouhan at places like Civil Lines, Indira Market and Gokalpur in Ranjhi Police Station area, they said.
Jabalpur City Congress president Dinesh Yadav alleged that Chouhan had inked large number of MoUs to set up industries here during investors meet held earlier but not a single unit has come up in the region.
In the absence of any industries, youth here was forced to migrate to other states, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away in Chennai after suffering cardiac arrest; PM Modi pays tribute to Tamil Nadu CM
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what