MP CM slams Congress bid to drag his name into MPPEB scam
Indore: Strongly criticising the Congress for dragging his name into the MPPEB scam, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said here on Friday that all attempts made by the opposition would fail, since the government did not have any bad intentions.
"We detected irregularities in recruitment and admission tests (conducted by Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board) and handed over the probe to the Special Task Force.”
"But some people think that this is a good opportunity to drag my name into it. Such attempts will never succeed," Chouhan said, addressing a function at Swami Preetamdas Auditorium.
"The government`s intentions about the issue are right and as a Chief Minister, I am stating this with full honesty. I did not say that there is nothing wrong with the system, but if I come to know about those who indulge in wrongdoings, I assure you that they will not be spared at any cost," he said.
The Chief Minister said that when the Indore Crime Branch informed him about evidence of wrongdoings in the Pre-Medical Test (PMT), he himself handed over the probe to the Special Task Force which cracked the case, he said.
Later, reacting to Congress agitations over MPPEB and MPPSC examination scams, he said, "The only job left for Congress these days is to create a ruckus, while we are taking action. Everything is clear. The probe agencies are doing their job properly".
Reacting to the demand that the CBI must probe these scams, Chouhan said, "Let them say whatever they wish to".
He said that due to lesser rainfall during monsoon, he has instructed officials to make necessary preparations to deal with the situation.
He said that he would visit Ujjain`s Mahakaleshwar temple on Monday to pray for good rainfall in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report