MP CM surprised over Singh`s statement on Anderson release
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Chouhan has expressed surprise over his predecessor Arjun Singh`s statement that he had nothing to do with the release of Warren Anderson after Bhopal Gas Disaster in 1984.
"It is unbelievable that Arjun Singh had no connection with the administrative action of releasing Anderson and sending him to Delhi by a state government plane," Chouhan, who is now abroad, said in a statement late last night.
The Chief Minister said that such irresponsible statement was not expected from a senior and experienced politician like Singh.
He said that the victims of Bhopal Gas Tragedy will not get any justice until the truth about release of Anderson was made public.
The Chief Minister expressed hope that Singh would reveal the truth to the public without any further delay and said, "This was not any political issue but an important question
related to human sensitiveness".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'