MP CM surprised over Singh`s statement on Anderson release
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Chouhan has expressed surprise over his predecessor Arjun Singh`s statement that he had nothing to do with the release of Warren Anderson after Bhopal Gas Disaster in 1984.
"It is unbelievable that Arjun Singh had no connection with the administrative action of releasing Anderson and sending him to Delhi by a state government plane," Chouhan, who is now abroad, said in a statement late last night.
The Chief Minister said that such irresponsible statement was not expected from a senior and experienced politician like Singh.
He said that the victims of Bhopal Gas Tragedy will not get any justice until the truth about release of Anderson was made public.
The Chief Minister expressed hope that Singh would reveal the truth to the public without any further delay and said, "This was not any political issue but an important question
related to human sensitiveness".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note