MP CM to meet PM over damage caused by hailstorms
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will meet the Prime Minister, Union Agriculture Minister and Home Minister on March 21 to put forth the case of farmers affected by the recent hailstorms in the state.
Crops on 6.36 lakh hectare land and 6.20 lakh farmers have been affected by the recent hailstorms in the state, Chouhan told reporters here yesterday.
In all, 32 people have died in the hailstorms, he said.
A demand for a special package for the farmers of the state will also be made to the PM, he said.
Madhya Pradesh has been affected with severe natural calamities this year, he said.
Hailstorm struck the state thrice this year in which 240 domestic animals also died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman