MP CM to meet PM over damage caused by hailstorms
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will meet the Prime Minister, Union Agriculture Minister and Home Minister on March 21 to put forth the case of farmers affected by the recent hailstorms in the state.
Crops on 6.36 lakh hectare land and 6.20 lakh farmers have been affected by the recent hailstorms in the state, Chouhan told reporters here yesterday.
In all, 32 people have died in the hailstorms, he said.
A demand for a special package for the farmers of the state will also be made to the PM, he said.
Madhya Pradesh has been affected with severe natural calamities this year, he said.
Hailstorm struck the state thrice this year in which 240 domestic animals also died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Sidharth Malhotra bats for Sonakshi Sinha's 'Akira'- Watch cutest promotion video!
- Cristiano Ronaldo reveals desire to end career at Real Madrid at the age of 41
- Get free voice, video call and 4G internet for 90 days on Reliance Jio
- Soha Ali Khan's weekend getaway will surely tempt you!- See pic
- DGCA to soon ban taking selfies on planes!