MP CM to meet PM over damage caused by hailstorms
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will meet the Prime Minister, Union Agriculture Minister and Home Minister on March 21 to put forth the case of farmers affected by the recent hailstorms in the state.
Crops on 6.36 lakh hectare land and 6.20 lakh farmers have been affected by the recent hailstorms in the state, Chouhan told reporters here yesterday.
In all, 32 people have died in the hailstorms, he said.
A demand for a special package for the farmers of the state will also be made to the PM, he said.
Madhya Pradesh has been affected with severe natural calamities this year, he said.
Hailstorm struck the state thrice this year in which 240 domestic animals also died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city