MP CM to meet PM over damage caused by hailstorms
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will meet the Prime Minister, Union Agriculture Minister and Home Minister on March 21 to put forth the case of farmers affected by the recent hailstorms in the state.
Crops on 6.36 lakh hectare land and 6.20 lakh farmers have been affected by the recent hailstorms in the state, Chouhan told reporters here yesterday.
In all, 32 people have died in the hailstorms, he said.
A demand for a special package for the farmers of the state will also be made to the PM, he said.
Madhya Pradesh has been affected with severe natural calamities this year, he said.
Hailstorm struck the state thrice this year in which 240 domestic animals also died.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air