MP CM writes to Anna supporting Jan Lokpal Bill
New Delhi: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has expressed his support to the Jan Lokpal Bill of Anna Hazare, whose fast demanding its passage by Parliament entered the 12th day on Saturday.
In a letter to the anti-corruption crusader, Chouhan prayed for his good health and expressed his support to all the points raised by the 74-year-old Gandhian on the issue.
Hazare is on fast since August 16 with thousands of his supporters camping at the Ramlila ground here.
The Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister also pointed out measures being taken by his government to check graft and harassment of people.
"We have implemented Madhya Pradesh Public Service Guarantee Act 2010 in August last year. The law ensures time bound resolution to people`s complaints, while dealing with any of the public office under its control.
"The Act also envisages imposing penalty from any public servant in case he fails to deliver services to people within the stipulated time frame. The money thus collected would be given to concerned citizen as compensation," the BJP leader said in the letter.
Chouhan yesterday met President Pratibha Patil to request for her early nod to an anti-corruption bill pending approval for past about four months.
The `Madhya Pradesh Vishesh Nyayalaya Vidheyak, 2011` was sent to Union Home Ministry on April 13, this year for approval of the president. The Act, if approved, will empower the state to confiscate properties of corrupt public servants.
The bill also provides for expeditious disposal of cases under Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal