MP CM`s legal notice to Cong leader for defamatory remarks
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Thursday issued a legal notice to the Leader of Opposition in the State Assembly Ajay Singh for making "derogatory, malicious, concocted and defamatory" statements about his wife Sadhna.
The notice was served by New Delhi-based Lex Counsel on Chouhan`s behalf to Ajay at his official residence here.
The notice relates to Ajay`s statement, carried by several newspapers, where he allegedly described Sadhna Chouhan as "note ginne ki machine" (currency counting machine) at Congress meetings in Sagar and Khargone districts on May 9 and June 4 respectively.
The notice demands public and unconditional withdrawal of allegations/ statements before the media within seven days of receipt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal