MP CM`s legal notice to Cong leader for defamatory remarks
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Thursday issued a legal notice to the Leader of Opposition in the State Assembly Ajay Singh for making "derogatory, malicious, concocted and defamatory" statements about his wife Sadhna.
The notice was served by New Delhi-based Lex Counsel on Chouhan`s behalf to Ajay at his official residence here.
The notice relates to Ajay`s statement, carried by several newspapers, where he allegedly described Sadhna Chouhan as "note ginne ki machine" (currency counting machine) at Congress meetings in Sagar and Khargone districts on May 9 and June 4 respectively.
The notice demands public and unconditional withdrawal of allegations/ statements before the media within seven days of receipt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore