MP computerises records of 15,000 Wakf properties
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh has become the first state in the country to computerise records of 15,000 Wakf properties.
It is also the first state where Rs 80 lakh grant is given to Wakf Board, an official release said here today.
Madhya Pradesh Wakf Board has 14,702 properties in the form of mosques, burial grounds and dargahs, worth about Rs 52,000 crore and is nearing the top slot in the country with regard to its properties, the release said.
It is carrying out various activities for conservation and collection of Wakf records and linking these with all the Wakfs.
The Union government has also lauded the works done for management of Wakf properties in the state, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Camera Day: Celebrate the art of photography and go click-happy!