MP: Cong accuses govt of wheat purchase scam
Bhopal: The Leader of Opposition in
Madhya Pradesh assembly Ajay Singh on Sunday issued a `black
paper` accusing the state government of corruption to the tune
of Rs 500 crore in purchase of wheat.
"The State government has bungled in purchase, storage
and even transportation of wheat this time and in this
corruption to the tune of Rs 500 crore took place," Singh told
reporters while issuing a `black paper` in the protest.
A minister had openly said that wheat from other
states had been purchased even though the price here was much
better, Singh said.
The state government did not purchase wheat from local
farmers as a result of which the produce was rotting in open
due to rains, he said.
The chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan dubs himself
as a farmer`s son but in his regime farmers are the worst-hit,
the leader of opposition added.
"This is nothing but a national loss," Singh said
demanding an enquiry by a retired judge into the matter.
Informing that his party would resort to other
measures of protest if enquiry was not ordered, he said more
black papers would be issued as and when other such issues
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday