MP Cong demands judicial probe into Sehore hostel
Bhopal: In the wake of the allegations that the differently-abled minor girls residing at a hostel in Sehore were being sent to a nearby boys` hostel as punishment, Madhya Pradesh Congress today demanded a judicial inquiry into its functioning.
Chairman of MP Congress` media department, Manak Agarwal said the way in which the hostel was being run, it was perhaps the only instance of its kind in the country.
"The matter has assumed significance as Sehore is the district from where the Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan was elected to the State Assembly," Agarwal said.
A Congress team had visited Sehore earlier in the day, he said adding that its team members were not allowed to meet the inmates of the hostel.
A team comprising members of the State Commission for protection of Child Rights had visited the hostel located in Mandi area in Sehore earlier this month, during which, they came to know that the girls were being sent to the adjacent boys` hostel as "punishment".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'