MP Cong demands judicial probe into Sehore hostel
Bhopal: In the wake of the allegations that the differently-abled minor girls residing at a hostel in Sehore were being sent to a nearby boys` hostel as punishment, Madhya Pradesh Congress today demanded a judicial inquiry into its functioning.
Chairman of MP Congress` media department, Manak Agarwal said the way in which the hostel was being run, it was perhaps the only instance of its kind in the country.
"The matter has assumed significance as Sehore is the district from where the Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan was elected to the State Assembly," Agarwal said.
A Congress team had visited Sehore earlier in the day, he said adding that its team members were not allowed to meet the inmates of the hostel.
A team comprising members of the State Commission for protection of Child Rights had visited the hostel located in Mandi area in Sehore earlier this month, during which, they came to know that the girls were being sent to the adjacent boys` hostel as "punishment".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3