MP Cong demands judicial probe into Sehore hostel
Bhopal: In the wake of the allegations that the differently-abled minor girls residing at a hostel in Sehore were being sent to a nearby boys` hostel as punishment, Madhya Pradesh Congress today demanded a judicial inquiry into its functioning.
Chairman of MP Congress` media department, Manak Agarwal said the way in which the hostel was being run, it was perhaps the only instance of its kind in the country.
"The matter has assumed significance as Sehore is the district from where the Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan was elected to the State Assembly," Agarwal said.
A Congress team had visited Sehore earlier in the day, he said adding that its team members were not allowed to meet the inmates of the hostel.
A team comprising members of the State Commission for protection of Child Rights had visited the hostel located in Mandi area in Sehore earlier this month, during which, they came to know that the girls were being sent to the adjacent boys` hostel as "punishment".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday