MP Cong files sedition case against Jha
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Congress has
filed a sedition case against state BJP President Prabhat Jha
for his controversial remarks on paramilitary forces.
"On behalf of the party, I have filed a sedition
petition against Jha under sections 200 and 156 (3) of the
CrPC and 124 (a) of the IPC in the court of Chief Judicial
Magistrate (CJM), R G Singh here yesterday," Madhya Pradesh
Congress Committee Spokesman, J P Dhanopia said today.
The next hearing in the case is fixed on August 16.
According to media reports, Jha had termed the Border
Security Force and Central Reserve Police Force jawans as
"dacoits" during his visit to Indore on August 1.
In the petition, Dhanopia said that since BSF and CRPF
were constituted under a law of Parliament, Jha`s utterances
describing the jawans as "dacoits" amounted to treason and
demanded action against him.
"Jha is the first leader in Indian politics to compare
the paramilitary force jawans with dacoits and his comments
would definitely have an adverse impact on their morale," the
Congress leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists