MP Cong files sedition case against Jha
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Congress has
filed a sedition case against state BJP President Prabhat Jha
for his controversial remarks on paramilitary forces.
"On behalf of the party, I have filed a sedition
petition against Jha under sections 200 and 156 (3) of the
CrPC and 124 (a) of the IPC in the court of Chief Judicial
Magistrate (CJM), R G Singh here yesterday," Madhya Pradesh
Congress Committee Spokesman, J P Dhanopia said today.
The next hearing in the case is fixed on August 16.
According to media reports, Jha had termed the Border
Security Force and Central Reserve Police Force jawans as
"dacoits" during his visit to Indore on August 1.
In the petition, Dhanopia said that since BSF and CRPF
were constituted under a law of Parliament, Jha`s utterances
describing the jawans as "dacoits" amounted to treason and
demanded action against him.
"Jha is the first leader in Indian politics to compare
the paramilitary force jawans with dacoits and his comments
would definitely have an adverse impact on their morale," the
Congress leader said.
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?