MP: Cong moves no-trust motion against BJP
Bhopal: The Opposition Congress on Monday moved a no-confidence motion against the ruling BJP Government, led by the Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, on the first day of the winter session of the legislative Assembly.
The motion was moved by the Leader of Opposition Ajay Singh and was admitted by the Speaker Ishwardas Rohani who scheduled it for discussion on November 28-29.
BJP enjoys strength of 146 members in the House of 231 followed by 66 legislators from the opposition Congress. BSP, Bhartiya Jan Shakti Party (BJS) and SP each have 7, 5 and 3 members respectively, besides 3 independent MLAs, while 1 member is nominated.
This is the first such a motion moved against the BJP government which has been ruling the state for the second consecutive term.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav