MP: Cong moves no-trust motion against BJP
Bhopal: The Opposition Congress on Monday moved a no-confidence motion against the ruling BJP Government, led by the Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, on the first day of the winter session of the legislative Assembly.
The motion was moved by the Leader of Opposition Ajay Singh and was admitted by the Speaker Ishwardas Rohani who scheduled it for discussion on November 28-29.
BJP enjoys strength of 146 members in the House of 231 followed by 66 legislators from the opposition Congress. BSP, Bhartiya Jan Shakti Party (BJS) and SP each have 7, 5 and 3 members respectively, besides 3 independent MLAs, while 1 member is nominated.
This is the first such a motion moved against the BJP government which has been ruling the state for the second consecutive term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate