MP Cong seeks to know Hazare, Ramdev`s stand on two bizmen
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh assembly Ajay Singh on Wednesday sought to know social activist Anna Hazare and Yoga guru Baba Ramdev`s stand on the two businessmen, who came under the I-T department scanner.
"If they (Hazare, Ramdev) are really serious about fighting corruption, they should say something about the manner, in which, the two businessmen had become rich during the eight years of the BJP rule in Madhya Pradesh," he said during a press conference.
The I-T sleuths had last week conducted searches on the premises of builder and road contractor Dilip Suryavanshi and mining contractor and VNS Group of Institutions director Sudhir Sharma.
The Congress leader alleged that there were pictures showing Suryavanshi and Sharma with Baba Ramdev. "Therefore, he (Ramdev) must say something about the recent raids," Singh said.
He criticised Madhya Pradesh chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan for maintaining "silence" on the issue.
"During the raids, the I-T department recovered government files and note-sheets from the residences of two businessmen. This has exposed the true face of the Chouhan government as now everyone knows who was actually running it," he alleged.
According to Singh, Congress had put up hoardings in the city questioning Chouhan`s alleged "relationship" with the two businessmen. "However, the administration removed these hoardings much before Chouhan returned to the state capital from his foreign tour," he said.
"But time will come when Chouhan will have to answer all the questions," the Congress leader added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!