MP Cong seeks transfer of Datia Collector, SP
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress has demanded transfer of Datia collector and the SP in connection with the alleged assault on an advocate by police for "raising governance-related issues".
"In a midnight crackdown on August 7, Mohar Singh was brutally assaulted by the police team, led by the district SP, in a manner as if he was a terrorist," the Leader of Opposition in Assembly Ajay Singh said in a statement.
The only fault of Mohar Singh was he had raised a few issues during the public hearing at the Collectorate, which apparently did not go down well with the Collector, following which the senior administrative officials decided to teach him a lesson, Ajay said.
Alleging public anger over the incident, Ajay demanded that the SP and the Collector be immediately transferred.
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today