MP Cong sends notice to CM for `misleading` ads
Bhopal: Stating that the advertisements issued by the MP government on wheat purchases were `misleading`, the Congress party here has sent legal notices to Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and others asking them to pay for the ads and deposit money in government treasury.
In a statement released today, Leader of the Opposition in Madhya Pradesh assembly Ajay Singh said that apart from the Chief Minister, the notices had been sent to the Food and Civil Supplies Department and its Principal Secretary.
Ajay said that the government money had been misused and the advertisements sought to serve Chouhan`s political interests.
He also charged that the ads indicate that the Centre was responsible for the shortage of gunny bags for wheat purchases which was not the case, adding the Chief Minister has "lowered the dignity of his office by unnecessarily blaming the centre for the shortage of gunny bags".
He said that through the legal notice, he has asked Chouhan and others to foot the bill for the `misleading ads` and deposit the money in government treasury in 30 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site