MP Cong sends notice to CM for `misleading` ads
Bhopal: Stating that the advertisements issued by the MP government on wheat purchases were `misleading`, the Congress party here has sent legal notices to Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and others asking them to pay for the ads and deposit money in government treasury.
In a statement released today, Leader of the Opposition in Madhya Pradesh assembly Ajay Singh said that apart from the Chief Minister, the notices had been sent to the Food and Civil Supplies Department and its Principal Secretary.
Ajay said that the government money had been misused and the advertisements sought to serve Chouhan`s political interests.
He also charged that the ads indicate that the Centre was responsible for the shortage of gunny bags for wheat purchases which was not the case, adding the Chief Minister has "lowered the dignity of his office by unnecessarily blaming the centre for the shortage of gunny bags".
He said that through the legal notice, he has asked Chouhan and others to foot the bill for the `misleading ads` and deposit the money in government treasury in 30 days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi