MP Cong slams govt for poor work in Bundelkhand
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress unit Tuesday alleged that the works conducted under the Bundelkhand package in the region were of poor quality.
In a letter to Panna district collector, state Congress unit spokesman Mukesh Nayak expressed disappointment over a dam, built at a cost of crores, that collapsed two days back in the region.
Similarly, scores of small bridges, small lakes and wells constructed under MNREGA had also collapsed, Nayak alleged.
He said being in the opposition, he had the right to know as to why funds received from the Centre for the poor region were being so "badly misused."
There was a need to explain as to why no action had been taken against any contractor so far, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’