MP Cong to seek CBI probe into illegal mining
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress plans to
approach the Centre next week to seek a CBI probe into the
alleged mining cases in the state.
Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh assembly Ajay
Singh said on Tuesday.
"The central investigation agency can probe the
large-scale illegal mining activities in Madhya Pradesh, just
like in Andhra Pradesh," he said.
He said that during the recent discussion in the state
Assembly on the no-confidence motion, the Congress had raised
specific issues about corruption, but the government shied
away from replying to the charges.
He added that Janata Dal United president Sharad Yadav
has also alleged that there was rampant illegal mining in
Madhya Pradesh. "I don`t see it as an exaggeration, when a BJP
ally says that a scam, like the Bellary scam in Karnataka, was
going on in Madhya Pradesh," he said.
The Leader of the Opposition also alleged that there
was a lot of corruption in the implementation of the Mahatma
Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (NREGA) in
He said that even though many states had already
appointed ombudsmen to check corruption in NREGA, the Madhya
Pradesh government was delaying it, saying Lokayukta had
already been appointed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley