MP Cong wants early ticket distribution for Assembly
Bhopal: With Assembly elections due in Madhya Pradesh in November, senior Congress leader Ajay Singh wants the party to distribute tickets to the candidates well in advance.
"Yes, party candidates in Madhya Pradesh should be declared in advance...Much before the polls, as elections are due in November 2013," Ajay said, when asked whether party candidates should be declared much earlier to avoid last minute confusion that leads to infighting among aspirants.
"It will be in the interest of the party to declare the candidates well in advance as this will also give them sufficient time for campaigning," said Ajay, the Leader of Opposition in state Assembly.
The Congress leader also said that the selection of candidates should be made by taking into account the win-ability factor.
Corruption, problems of power, roads and law and order will be the major issues during the Assembly polls as the BJP government, specially its Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta, has "failed" in controlling the rising crime graph in the state, he said.
Crime against women, specially rapes have reached an alarming level in the state as 7,306 cases of rape of minor girls alone have been reported since January 2008 till date, Ajay charged, adding that on an average four girls are raped daily in Madhya Pradesh and these are the figures provided by the government in the Assembly.
He said crime had gone up to such an extent that a minor girl was allegedly raped and killed a stone`s throw away from the Home Minister`s official residence in Bhopal last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof