MP Congress chief likens Shivraj Singh Chouhan to `Kans`; demands resignation
Indore: Drawing a parallel between Shivraj Singh Chouhan and Lord Krishna`s evil maternal uncle Kansa, MP Congress president on Friday said women do not feel safe under the regime of the Chief Minister as he has failed to curb growing crimes against them in the state.
Describing Chouhan as "Kans Mama", state Congress chief Arun Yadav, who visited the MY hospital here to enquire the condition of a four-year-old girl who was raped in Dhar district, told reporters that the law and order situation had crumbled in MP because of which crimes against women were common place.
Yadav said that Chouhan likes to describe himself as a `Mama` (maternal uncle) to girls in the state but they were unsafe under this uncle`s rule.
"The Congress demands Chouhan`s resignation as he has failed to contain crimes against women and does not have the moral right to continue on the post," he said.
Yadav also said that the scam in the MP Professional Examination Board was the biggest of its kind in the country.
"The MPEB scam has put the future of thousands of youth in jeopardy.We have demanded a CBI probe into the scam," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf