MP Congress chief likens Shivraj Singh Chouhan to `Kans`; demands resignation
Indore: Drawing a parallel between Shivraj Singh Chouhan and Lord Krishna`s evil maternal uncle Kansa, MP Congress president on Friday said women do not feel safe under the regime of the Chief Minister as he has failed to curb growing crimes against them in the state.
Describing Chouhan as "Kans Mama", state Congress chief Arun Yadav, who visited the MY hospital here to enquire the condition of a four-year-old girl who was raped in Dhar district, told reporters that the law and order situation had crumbled in MP because of which crimes against women were common place.
Yadav said that Chouhan likes to describe himself as a `Mama` (maternal uncle) to girls in the state but they were unsafe under this uncle`s rule.
"The Congress demands Chouhan`s resignation as he has failed to contain crimes against women and does not have the moral right to continue on the post," he said.
Yadav also said that the scam in the MP Professional Examination Board was the biggest of its kind in the country.
"The MPEB scam has put the future of thousands of youth in jeopardy.We have demanded a CBI probe into the scam," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!