MP Congress criticises decision to increase Narmada dam height
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress chief Arun Yadav on Friday said the decision of Narmada Control Authority to allow raising of the height of Sardar Sarovar dam by 17 metres would adversely affect the farmers in the state.
Yadav said his party would strive to protect the rights of the farmers and if necessary would approach the Supreme Court to ensure justice to them.
He demanded that Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan should disclose the number of people who were re-settled and who got land by way of compensation after getting displaced by the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- 17 die in fire at Ukraine home for elderly
- PM Narendra Modi to visit five nations from June 4; to take up black money issue with Swiss President
- Sharks possess distinct personalities like humans
- 'Sultan' new poster: See robust Salman Khan turns 'Golden Sultan' magnifying the aura!
- Bihar class 10th result 2016 declared; check Bihar Board Matric class 10 Results 2016 on biharboard.bih.nic.in