MP Congress criticises decision to increase Narmada dam height
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress chief Arun Yadav on Friday said the decision of Narmada Control Authority to allow raising of the height of Sardar Sarovar dam by 17 metres would adversely affect the farmers in the state.
Yadav said his party would strive to protect the rights of the farmers and if necessary would approach the Supreme Court to ensure justice to them.
He demanded that Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan should disclose the number of people who were re-settled and who got land by way of compensation after getting displaced by the project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Panel discussion over rights of Muslim women
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train - Part II
- DNA: How passengers risk their lives while travelling by train
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...