MP Congress demands CBI probe into land allotment
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Assembly was adjourned on Wednesday with Congress demanding a CBI probe into allotment of 15-acre land to an infrastructure company allegedly at throwaway prices, which it claimed caused a revenue loss of Rs 2,000 crore.
The matter was raised before the lunch break by Congress members Govind Singh, Ramniwas Rawat and Purshottam Dangi led by the Leader of Opposition Ajay Singh through a call attention motion.
Congress alleged that Gammon India was allotted the tract of land in the state for a project at below-the-market price at Rs 338 crore.
The opposition party MLAs shouted slogans and trooped into the well, where they sat on dharna, seeking CBI probe.
The din forced Speaker Ishwardas Rohani to adjourn the House initially for 30 minutes before lunch break till 2.30 pm.
However, the ruckus continued even after the House assembled with the Congress legislators sticking to their demand and again rushing to the Well.
They alleged that nearly Rs 1000 crore changed hands in the entire process.
Housing Minister Narottam Mishra denied the allegations.
The Gammon India`s commercial-cum-residential project is coming up in central Bhopal.
The Speaker said since he had already given more than allocated time to the issue and since the matter was ended before the lunch break therefore he cannot restart the matter again.
Rohani also suggested the members could take up the issue through other available means like Question Hour but when the Congress members did not relent and continued with their protest, the chair adjourned the house till tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked