MP Congress deplores minister`s statement on rapes
Bhopal: Congress in Madhya Pradesh on Sunday termed as "shameful" the statement of Minister of State for Urban Administration and Development Manohar Untwal that incidents of rapes in the state were not many given the population of the state.
"The statements against women by the ruling BJP ministers, one after another, proves that they neither have any respect for the fair sex nor are they willing to protect them," Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh said in a press note.
Untwal`s remarks that incidents of rapes are quite less given the very high population of the state estimated at 7.5 crore is "highly objectionable and shameful," Ajay said.
He said that earlier also many BJP leaders and ministers including state BJP President Narendra Singh Tomar, former Ministers Vijay Shah, Babulal Gaur and Kailash Vijaywargiya had made `derogatory statements` against women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India