MP Congress deplores minister`s statement on rapes
Bhopal: Congress in Madhya Pradesh on Sunday termed as "shameful" the statement of Minister of State for Urban Administration and Development Manohar Untwal that incidents of rapes in the state were not many given the population of the state.
"The statements against women by the ruling BJP ministers, one after another, proves that they neither have any respect for the fair sex nor are they willing to protect them," Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh said in a press note.
Untwal`s remarks that incidents of rapes are quite less given the very high population of the state estimated at 7.5 crore is "highly objectionable and shameful," Ajay said.
He said that earlier also many BJP leaders and ministers including state BJP President Narendra Singh Tomar, former Ministers Vijay Shah, Babulal Gaur and Kailash Vijaywargiya had made `derogatory statements` against women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'