MP Congress deplores minister`s statement on rapes
Bhopal: Congress in Madhya Pradesh on Sunday termed as "shameful" the statement of Minister of State for Urban Administration and Development Manohar Untwal that incidents of rapes in the state were not many given the population of the state.
"The statements against women by the ruling BJP ministers, one after another, proves that they neither have any respect for the fair sex nor are they willing to protect them," Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh said in a press note.
Untwal`s remarks that incidents of rapes are quite less given the very high population of the state estimated at 7.5 crore is "highly objectionable and shameful," Ajay said.
He said that earlier also many BJP leaders and ministers including state BJP President Narendra Singh Tomar, former Ministers Vijay Shah, Babulal Gaur and Kailash Vijaywargiya had made `derogatory statements` against women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh