MP Congress deplores minister`s statement on rapes
Bhopal: Congress in Madhya Pradesh on Sunday termed as "shameful" the statement of Minister of State for Urban Administration and Development Manohar Untwal that incidents of rapes in the state were not many given the population of the state.
"The statements against women by the ruling BJP ministers, one after another, proves that they neither have any respect for the fair sex nor are they willing to protect them," Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh said in a press note.
Untwal`s remarks that incidents of rapes are quite less given the very high population of the state estimated at 7.5 crore is "highly objectionable and shameful," Ajay said.
He said that earlier also many BJP leaders and ministers including state BJP President Narendra Singh Tomar, former Ministers Vijay Shah, Babulal Gaur and Kailash Vijaywargiya had made `derogatory statements` against women.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed