MP Congress deplores minister`s statement on rapes
Bhopal: Congress in Madhya Pradesh on Sunday termed as "shameful" the statement of Minister of State for Urban Administration and Development Manohar Untwal that incidents of rapes in the state were not many given the population of the state.
"The statements against women by the ruling BJP ministers, one after another, proves that they neither have any respect for the fair sex nor are they willing to protect them," Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh said in a press note.
Untwal`s remarks that incidents of rapes are quite less given the very high population of the state estimated at 7.5 crore is "highly objectionable and shameful," Ajay said.
He said that earlier also many BJP leaders and ministers including state BJP President Narendra Singh Tomar, former Ministers Vijay Shah, Babulal Gaur and Kailash Vijaywargiya had made `derogatory statements` against women.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!