MP Congress disappointed with Cabinet reshuffle: Digvijay
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Sunday said that partymen in Madhya Pradesh were disappointed with the latest reshuffle in the Union Council of Ministers.
"We are disappointed as far as Madhya Pradesh is concerned," Singh told reporters after addressing the state Women`s Congress Swayam Siddha Sammelan here.
"We are disappointed, but definitely not disheartened and we will continue to work with more vigour to strengthen Congress in the state," he added.
Coming out in defence of Robert Vadra, son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, amid a row over deals between him and DLF, Singh said "he (Vadra) has not done anything wrong and nothing was also found against him in the probe conducted by the Haryana government."
"Similarly, Union Minister Salman Khurshid has not committed any irregularities as alleged by the BJP and others," the former MP chief minister said.
"On the contrary, it has been proved now that the RSS and the BJP are shielding the BJP president Nitin Gadkari, who had allegedly given fake addresses of persons associated with his company," he said.
Singh alleged that in Madhya Pradesh, the BJP was protecting Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan in the alleged dumper scam, in which he had given "fake address".
According to the case, dumpers had been allegedly leased out to a private company by not providing correct address and on fictitious names.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened