MP Congress disappointed with Cabinet reshuffle: Digvijay
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Sunday said that partymen in Madhya Pradesh were disappointed with the latest reshuffle in the Union Council of Ministers.
"We are disappointed as far as Madhya Pradesh is concerned," Singh told reporters after addressing the state Women`s Congress Swayam Siddha Sammelan here.
"We are disappointed, but definitely not disheartened and we will continue to work with more vigour to strengthen Congress in the state," he added.
Coming out in defence of Robert Vadra, son-in-law of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, amid a row over deals between him and DLF, Singh said "he (Vadra) has not done anything wrong and nothing was also found against him in the probe conducted by the Haryana government."
"Similarly, Union Minister Salman Khurshid has not committed any irregularities as alleged by the BJP and others," the former MP chief minister said.
"On the contrary, it has been proved now that the RSS and the BJP are shielding the BJP president Nitin Gadkari, who had allegedly given fake addresses of persons associated with his company," he said.
Singh alleged that in Madhya Pradesh, the BJP was protecting Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan in the alleged dumper scam, in which he had given "fake address".
According to the case, dumpers had been allegedly leased out to a private company by not providing correct address and on fictitious names.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown