MP Congress leader Jamuna Devi cremated
Indore: The mortal remains of Congress veteran and Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Jamuna Devi was on Saturday consigned to flames with full state
honour at a local crematorium.
Deviating from tradition, her only daugher Hemlata lit the funeral pyre amid chanting of mantras. Devi (81), a former Madhya Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister, breathed her last yesterday at C H L Apollo Hospital where she was being treated for pancreatic cancer for the last couple of months.
People from all walks of life were present to pay their last respect to the departed soul. Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh, Union Ministers Kantilal Bhuria, Jyotiraditya Scindia, Arun Yadav, Congress General Secretary in-charge of Madhya Pradesh B K Hariprasad and State Congress President Suresh Pachouri, among others, paid tribute to her. Yadav, on behalf of Congress President Sonia Gandhi, laid a wreath on the mortal remains of Devi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers