MP Congress leader questions timing of Chouhan`s yatra
Bhopal: A Madhya Pradesh Congress leader has urged Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to address the problems being faced by the people when he embarks on his mass contact programme, which he linked with upcoming polls.
Chouhan is launching his "Jan Ashirwad Yatra" from July 22 during which he will tour the State, where Assembly Election is due by the year-end, to highlight achievements of his Government and also its welfare programmes.
Madhya Pradesh Congress vice-president Rameshwar Neekhra, in a letter to Chouhan yesterday, sought to know why he thought of the yatra just ahead of Assembly Election.
"You must explain why you thought of the yatra only when election is round the corner," he said.
The former Member of Parliament, however, hoped the Chief Minister will address the people`s grievances and also meet families of farmers who have committed suicide.
Chouhan should make attempts to meet the family members of girls and women who have been victims of sexual offences, the Congress leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India