MP Congress leaders protest outside Speaker`s chamber
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh, accompanied by Congress MLAs on Tuesday resorted to a sit-in protest outside the chamber of Speaker Ishwardas Rohani for discussion on the recent Income Tax raids on two city-based businessmen.
With the agitators unrelenting, the Speaker remained confined to his chamber and a member of the speaker`s panel started the proceedings of the House.
Ajay was accompanied by Congress members including Ashwin Joshi, Kalpana Parulekar among others.
Congress had yesterday sought accepting of motions to discuss the raids which led to the adjournment of the House for half hour before lunch break.
The ruling BJP is of the view that the raids cannot be discussed on the floor of the House as they were conducted by a central agency while the Congress maintains that discussion on the same cannot be avoided simply on the basis of technicalities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA