MP Congress leaders protest outside Speaker`s chamber
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh, accompanied by Congress MLAs on Tuesday resorted to a sit-in protest outside the chamber of Speaker Ishwardas Rohani for discussion on the recent Income Tax raids on two city-based businessmen.
With the agitators unrelenting, the Speaker remained confined to his chamber and a member of the speaker`s panel started the proceedings of the House.
Ajay was accompanied by Congress members including Ashwin Joshi, Kalpana Parulekar among others.
Congress had yesterday sought accepting of motions to discuss the raids which led to the adjournment of the House for half hour before lunch break.
The ruling BJP is of the view that the raids cannot be discussed on the floor of the House as they were conducted by a central agency while the Congress maintains that discussion on the same cannot be avoided simply on the basis of technicalities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state