MP Congress MLA alleges ill-treatment in party; to quit tonight
Bhopal: In a setback to Opposition Congress in Madhya Pradesh, party MLA Sanjay Pathak from the Vijayraghogarh constituency in Katni district, Thursday decided to resign from the Assembly.
The MLA told PTI from Katni that he took the decision to protest against the manner in which he was treated in the party.
Pathak said he consulted party workers before arriving at this crucial decision and added that all of them were of the view that he should quit to keep his self-respect.
He said the Congress has no longer remained the outfit with once whom people like Mahatma Gandhi and Jawaharlal Nehru were associated.
The MLA said he will forward his resignation to the Assembly Secretariat tonight and added that he was ready to fight the bye-election that will follow his resignation.
Asked if he would contest on a BJP ticket or as an independent, Pathak said a decision on this will be taken later.
"I will now join only that party which respects me," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi