MP Congress MLA alleges ill-treatment in party; to quit tonight
Bhopal: In a setback to Opposition Congress in Madhya Pradesh, party MLA Sanjay Pathak from the Vijayraghogarh constituency in Katni district, Thursday decided to resign from the Assembly.
The MLA told PTI from Katni that he took the decision to protest against the manner in which he was treated in the party.
Pathak said he consulted party workers before arriving at this crucial decision and added that all of them were of the view that he should quit to keep his self-respect.
He said the Congress has no longer remained the outfit with once whom people like Mahatma Gandhi and Jawaharlal Nehru were associated.
The MLA said he will forward his resignation to the Assembly Secretariat tonight and added that he was ready to fight the bye-election that will follow his resignation.
Asked if he would contest on a BJP ticket or as an independent, Pathak said a decision on this will be taken later.
"I will now join only that party which respects me," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested