MP Congress releases poll manifesto; announces slew of incentives
Bhopal: Congress on Monday announced a slew of populist measures including sops to farmers, students, unemployed youths, minorities, raising subsidised LPG cylinders from 9 to 12 and constitution of Vidhan Parishad in its manifesto for the Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections.
Targeting farmers and poor, party`s manifesto committee chairman Suresh Pachouri, after releasing it, told reporters that Congress government will provide free power to water pumps up to five horse power and will take back false cases of power theft against them.
For poor families, the Congress promised to provide 35 kg ration per family per month free of cost, he said.
It will also provide free of cost single-point power connection to the people living under the BPL category.
The party has also promised to waive farmers loan up to Rs 51,000 taken by them from Cooperative and Land Development Banks.
Knowing fully that cap on LPG cylinders has not gone down well with the people, the Congress has announced to provide additional three more subsidised cylinders to them from the existing nine and also promised to reduce VAT on petrol, diesel and LPG in the state to bring down fuel prices which was a major issue in the state.
The party has also promised to fulfil long-pending demand of creating Vidhan Parishad (Legislative Council) in the state, which it had also promised in 1993 with an aim to meet the aspirations of large number of leaders in the state.
Targeting poverty on the lines of Indira Gandhi`s Garibi Hatao slogan, the party has promised to constitute "Indira Gandhi Garibi Hatao" Commission by nominating maximum members in it from poor category only, he added.
The Congress has also announced Senior Citizens Teerth Darshan Yojna, a popular scheme launched in the state by BJP government last year.
For minorities, the party has announced to implement Sachhar Committee recommendations and providing special economic package for imparting modern education in madarsas.
The party has also promised to provide unemployment allowance, on the lines of Haryana government, to large number of unemployed youths in the state.
It has also promised a number of other measures including free treatment, medical examination and distribution of medicines in government hospitals on the lines of Rajasthan government, laptops to meritorious students, providing employment on priority basis in industrial units in the state, rationalisation of taxes imposed on industries and better treatment facilities for gas affected persons.
Top Congress leaders in the state including Union Ministers Kamal Nath, Harish Rawat, Jyotiraditya Scindia and Pradeep Jain, Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh, General Secretary In-charge of Madhya Pradesh, Mohan Prakash, state unit president Kantilal Bhuria and Leader of Opposition in state Assembly Ajay Singh were present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India