MP Congress Secretary calls Digvijay Singh `ínauspicious`, suspended
Bhopal: Newly appointed Madhya Pradesh Congress President Arun Yadav on Saturday suspended State Secretary Jagdish Yadav for allegedly calling senior leader Digvijay Singh as "inauspicious" and speaking against him.
Jagdish had reportedly made his controversial comment at the first meeting of the State Congress Working Committee here yesterday after Arun took over the reins.
He apparently also spoke to media-persons after the meet and said, "if the Congress had to be saved, Digvijay Singh should not remain part of the party."
Replying to a media query on the Congress General Secretary, Jagdish said, "On such a day (first CWC meet) no one should take the name of the person who has not proved to be auspicious for the party."
According to MP Congress Vice-President Rameshwar Neekhra, Arun Yadav likes to keep controversies at bay and hence took the decision to suspend Jagdish.
Also, a show-cause notice had been served on Jagdish, to which he has to reply in 10 days, Neekhra said.
When contacted, Jagdish denied the comments attributed to him and said he will reply to the notice within the time frame.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Warning message on banned sites: ISPs run into technical issue
- M&M launches DiGiSense platform to access vital vehicle info
- Oil falls amid supply glut, lower prospects of output freeze
- UN verified Dawood's Pak addresses, wife, father's name, aliases; high time it extradites him: MEA
- Injured Cristiano Ronaldo absent from Portugal squad for World Cup 2018 qualifying round