MP Congress Secretary calls Digvijay Singh `ínauspicious`, suspended
Bhopal: Newly appointed Madhya Pradesh Congress President Arun Yadav on Saturday suspended State Secretary Jagdish Yadav for allegedly calling senior leader Digvijay Singh as "inauspicious" and speaking against him.
Jagdish had reportedly made his controversial comment at the first meeting of the State Congress Working Committee here yesterday after Arun took over the reins.
He apparently also spoke to media-persons after the meet and said, "if the Congress had to be saved, Digvijay Singh should not remain part of the party."
Replying to a media query on the Congress General Secretary, Jagdish said, "On such a day (first CWC meet) no one should take the name of the person who has not proved to be auspicious for the party."
According to MP Congress Vice-President Rameshwar Neekhra, Arun Yadav likes to keep controversies at bay and hence took the decision to suspend Jagdish.
Also, a show-cause notice had been served on Jagdish, to which he has to reply in 10 days, Neekhra said.
When contacted, Jagdish denied the comments attributed to him and said he will reply to the notice within the time frame.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal