MP Congress Secy suspended over controversial remark on Digvijay
Bhopal: Newly appointed Madhya Pradesh Congress President Arun Yadav on Saturday suspended State Secretary Jagdish Yadav for allegedly calling senior leader Digvijay Singh "inauspicious" and stating that the party cannot be saved until he is out.
Jagdish is said to have made the controversial comment at the first meeting of the State Congress Working Committee here yesterday after Arun took over the reins.
He apparently also spoke to media-persons after the meet and said, "if the Congress had to be saved, Digvijay Singh should not remain part of the party."
Replying to a media query on the Congress General Secretary, Jagdish said, "On such a day (first CWC meet) no one should take the name of the person who has not proved to be auspicious for the party."
According to MP Congress Vice-President Rameshwar Neekhra, Arun Yadav likes to keep controversies at bay and hence took the decision to suspend Jagdish.
Also, a show-cause notice had been served on Jagdish, to which he has to reply in 10 days, Neekhra said.
When contacted, Jagdish denied the comments attributed to him and said he will reply to the notice within the time frame.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical