MP Congress Secy suspended over controversial remark on Digvijay
Bhopal: Newly appointed Madhya Pradesh Congress President Arun Yadav on Saturday suspended State Secretary Jagdish Yadav for allegedly calling senior leader Digvijay Singh "inauspicious" and stating that the party cannot be saved until he is out.
Jagdish is said to have made the controversial comment at the first meeting of the State Congress Working Committee here yesterday after Arun took over the reins.
He apparently also spoke to media-persons after the meet and said, "if the Congress had to be saved, Digvijay Singh should not remain part of the party."
Replying to a media query on the Congress General Secretary, Jagdish said, "On such a day (first CWC meet) no one should take the name of the person who has not proved to be auspicious for the party."
According to MP Congress Vice-President Rameshwar Neekhra, Arun Yadav likes to keep controversies at bay and hence took the decision to suspend Jagdish.
Also, a show-cause notice had been served on Jagdish, to which he has to reply in 10 days, Neekhra said.
When contacted, Jagdish denied the comments attributed to him and said he will reply to the notice within the time frame.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users