MP Congress seeks compensation for rain-hit farmers
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress president Arun Yadav on Friday demanded a compensation of Rs 20,000 per hectare for the farmers whose crops were damaged in the recent heavy rains and hailstorm.
The issue should not be politicised, Yadav said addressing a press conference here.
He said that he and the Leader of Opposition in the State Assembly, Satyadev Katare, met the Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar in New Delhi yesterday, and urged him to provide relief to the farmers in the state.
He said he also toured Sehore district to make an assessment of the damage.
Yadav urged farmers not to resort to extreme steps like suicide in the face of the difficult times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players