MP Congress seeks compensation for rain-hit farmers
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress president Arun Yadav on Friday demanded a compensation of Rs 20,000 per hectare for the farmers whose crops were damaged in the recent heavy rains and hailstorm.
The issue should not be politicised, Yadav said addressing a press conference here.
He said that he and the Leader of Opposition in the State Assembly, Satyadev Katare, met the Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar in New Delhi yesterday, and urged him to provide relief to the farmers in the state.
He said he also toured Sehore district to make an assessment of the damage.
Yadav urged farmers not to resort to extreme steps like suicide in the face of the difficult times.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Swachh Bharat mission fails March 2016 urban-trash targets
- Land reforms fail, 5% of India’s farmers control 32 percent land
- Five indicators of India's looming demographic disaster
- 13 Indians died in Pakistan jails since 2013, India calls for thorough investigation
- 'Invisible hand' behind inaction of CBI, ED in AgustaWestland probe, says Manohar Parrikar in Rajya Sabha