MP Congress seeks compensation for rain-hit farmers
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress president Arun Yadav on Friday demanded a compensation of Rs 20,000 per hectare for the farmers whose crops were damaged in the recent heavy rains and hailstorm.
The issue should not be politicised, Yadav said addressing a press conference here.
He said that he and the Leader of Opposition in the State Assembly, Satyadev Katare, met the Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar in New Delhi yesterday, and urged him to provide relief to the farmers in the state.
He said he also toured Sehore district to make an assessment of the damage.
Yadav urged farmers not to resort to extreme steps like suicide in the face of the difficult times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her