MP Congress seeks compensation for rain-hit farmers
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress president Arun Yadav on Friday demanded a compensation of Rs 20,000 per hectare for the farmers whose crops were damaged in the recent heavy rains and hailstorm.
The issue should not be politicised, Yadav said addressing a press conference here.
He said that he and the Leader of Opposition in the State Assembly, Satyadev Katare, met the Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar in New Delhi yesterday, and urged him to provide relief to the farmers in the state.
He said he also toured Sehore district to make an assessment of the damage.
Yadav urged farmers not to resort to extreme steps like suicide in the face of the difficult times.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?