MP Congress to observe state-wide bandh on Saturday over PEB scam
Bhopal: Congress in Madhya Pradesh will enforce a day-long state-wide bandh on Saturday to press for its demand for a CBI inquiry into the alleged scam in the Professional Examination Board (PEB).
State Congress chief Arun Yadav told reporters that the Madhya Pradesh PEB scam had "ruined" the future of scores of youths in the state.
"Congress has been demanding a CBI inquiry into the scam but Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan was not doing anything about it," he said.
He said the bandh would not be observed in Ujjain where a religious gathering will be taking place and in Sidhi where municipal polls are due.
Yadav said that prior to this, torch processions would be taken out in all district and block headquarters to demand a CBI inquiry into the scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth