MP Congress to observe state-wide bandh on Saturday over PEB scam
Bhopal: Congress in Madhya Pradesh will enforce a day-long state-wide bandh on Saturday to press for its demand for a CBI inquiry into the alleged scam in the Professional Examination Board (PEB).
State Congress chief Arun Yadav told reporters that the Madhya Pradesh PEB scam had "ruined" the future of scores of youths in the state.
"Congress has been demanding a CBI inquiry into the scam but Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan was not doing anything about it," he said.
He said the bandh would not be observed in Ujjain where a religious gathering will be taking place and in Sidhi where municipal polls are due.
Yadav said that prior to this, torch processions would be taken out in all district and block headquarters to demand a CBI inquiry into the scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city