MP Congress to observe state-wide bandh on Saturday over PEB scam
Bhopal: Congress in Madhya Pradesh will enforce a day-long state-wide bandh on Saturday to press for its demand for a CBI inquiry into the alleged scam in the Professional Examination Board (PEB).
State Congress chief Arun Yadav told reporters that the Madhya Pradesh PEB scam had "ruined" the future of scores of youths in the state.
"Congress has been demanding a CBI inquiry into the scam but Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan was not doing anything about it," he said.
He said the bandh would not be observed in Ujjain where a religious gathering will be taking place and in Sidhi where municipal polls are due.
Yadav said that prior to this, torch processions would be taken out in all district and block headquarters to demand a CBI inquiry into the scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption