MP Congress to observe state-wide bandh on Saturday over PEB scam
Bhopal: Congress in Madhya Pradesh will enforce a day-long state-wide bandh on Saturday to press for its demand for a CBI inquiry into the alleged scam in the Professional Examination Board (PEB).
State Congress chief Arun Yadav told reporters that the Madhya Pradesh PEB scam had "ruined" the future of scores of youths in the state.
"Congress has been demanding a CBI inquiry into the scam but Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan was not doing anything about it," he said.
He said the bandh would not be observed in Ujjain where a religious gathering will be taking place and in Sidhi where municipal polls are due.
Yadav said that prior to this, torch processions would be taken out in all district and block headquarters to demand a CBI inquiry into the scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media
- 1st Test, Day 2 Report: Kohli double ton, Ashwin century put India in charge against West Indies
- Silicon Valley leads avalanche of quarterly reports
- UN backs plan to rid Libya of chemical weapons