MP Congress to observe state-wide bandh on Saturday over PEB scam
Bhopal: Congress in Madhya Pradesh will enforce a day-long state-wide bandh on Saturday to press for its demand for a CBI inquiry into the alleged scam in the Professional Examination Board (PEB).
State Congress chief Arun Yadav told reporters that the Madhya Pradesh PEB scam had "ruined" the future of scores of youths in the state.
"Congress has been demanding a CBI inquiry into the scam but Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan was not doing anything about it," he said.
He said the bandh would not be observed in Ujjain where a religious gathering will be taking place and in Sidhi where municipal polls are due.
Yadav said that prior to this, torch processions would be taken out in all district and block headquarters to demand a CBI inquiry into the scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Pakistan's attrocities on Gilgit-Baltistan to Mehbooba's hard hitting attitude on Kashmir violence
- Juergen Klopp disappointed as Liverpool haunted by familiar failings
- Know how much you have to exactly pay for cancelling confirmed Rail e-tickets
- India pivotal power, can tilt Asia the way it wants: MJ Akbar
- Jat association AIJASS warns of fresh agitation
- Indian cargo ship heading for Yemen sinks off Oman: Reports