MP Congress to sink differences before assembly elections
Indore: Congressmen in Madhya Pradesh will sink all their differences before upcoming Assembly polls in the state to prevent the BJP from coming to power again, Union Minister of State Jyotiraditya Scindia said on Sunday.
"I am totally hopeful that differences between party leaders will end before assembly polls in the state," Scindia, the Union minister of State for Energy (Independent Charge) told PTI.
When asked about the issue of differences among party leaders in the state, he said, "All these differences will end only when we discuss issues with an open mind and communicate with all concerned".
Answering a question, he said that the assembly polls in the state in November will be contested under the leadership of State Congress president Kantilal Bhuria.
He said that it is Bhuria`s duty to ensure that all leaders share a common dais, and that it would be better if the question of differences among party leaders is addressed to him.
When pressed further on the issue of differences among party leaders, he remarked that in politics, people should work with an open heart, refusing to comment on any individual.
42-year-old Scindia said that he is an MP and a minister in the union cabinet, but works as an ordinary party worker in the state and would continue to work in the same capacity in the future.
"I don`t have any personal ambition," he claimed.
Terming the BJP government as a total failure, especially on the issue of power, roads and water, he said that these issues will boomerang on it during elections.
He claimed that there is a wave in favour of the party and people wanted to see a Congress government in the state, adding that the party wants to form the next government in the state.
BJP, if voted to power in the November elections will score a hat trick in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row