MP Congress to sink differences before assembly elections
Indore: Congressmen in Madhya Pradesh will sink all their differences before upcoming Assembly polls in the state to prevent the BJP from coming to power again, Union Minister of State Jyotiraditya Scindia said on Sunday.
"I am totally hopeful that differences between party leaders will end before assembly polls in the state," Scindia, the Union minister of State for Energy (Independent Charge) told PTI.
When asked about the issue of differences among party leaders in the state, he said, "All these differences will end only when we discuss issues with an open mind and communicate with all concerned".
Answering a question, he said that the assembly polls in the state in November will be contested under the leadership of State Congress president Kantilal Bhuria.
He said that it is Bhuria`s duty to ensure that all leaders share a common dais, and that it would be better if the question of differences among party leaders is addressed to him.
When pressed further on the issue of differences among party leaders, he remarked that in politics, people should work with an open heart, refusing to comment on any individual.
42-year-old Scindia said that he is an MP and a minister in the union cabinet, but works as an ordinary party worker in the state and would continue to work in the same capacity in the future.
"I don`t have any personal ambition," he claimed.
Terming the BJP government as a total failure, especially on the issue of power, roads and water, he said that these issues will boomerang on it during elections.
He claimed that there is a wave in favour of the party and people wanted to see a Congress government in the state, adding that the party wants to form the next government in the state.
BJP, if voted to power in the November elections will score a hat trick in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers