MP Congress workers stage protest; want Home Minister to quit
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress Minority Department activists staged a protest against rising crime against women, especially rape cases, in the state and demanded resignation of Home Minister Umashankar Gupta.
The activists, led by department Convenor Arif Masood, gathered at Budhwara square in the Old City area and shouted slogans against the BJP government last evening. They also burnt an effigy of Gupta.
They alleged that the Minister has totally failed in maintaining law and order in the State and hence he should resign from his post immediately.
On one side the Chief Minister was talking about saving the girl child under his (beti bachao) plan and on the other, girls and women were being gang-raped, Masood said in a press release.
A total of 1,262 cases were registered in the State in the last one year and 35 rape victims had allegedly committed suicide during this period, he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you