MP cooperative committee official held for bribe
Seoni: Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta Police have arrested a cooperative committee official for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 15,000 from a farmer.
Rekh Ram Patel, in-charge of Seva Sahkari Samiti Malara`s paddy purchase centre under Barghat tehsil, was trapped yesterday, DSP (Lokayukta) N S Dhurve said.
Dijan Singh, a farmer of village Muaad, had sold his paddy stock at the procurement centre for Rs 5,50,000. Patel asked for a bribe of Rs 30,000 from the farmer to transfer the said amount in his bank account, he said.
Singh agreed to pay the bribe amount in two instalments and at the same time lodged a complaint with Lokayukta Police at Jabalpur.
A police team laid a trap and caught Patel while accepting the first instalment of Rs 15,000 from the farmer, Dhurve said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender