MP cooperative committee official held for bribe
Seoni: Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta Police have arrested a cooperative committee official for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 15,000 from a farmer.
Rekh Ram Patel, in-charge of Seva Sahkari Samiti Malara`s paddy purchase centre under Barghat tehsil, was trapped yesterday, DSP (Lokayukta) N S Dhurve said.
Dijan Singh, a farmer of village Muaad, had sold his paddy stock at the procurement centre for Rs 5,50,000. Patel asked for a bribe of Rs 30,000 from the farmer to transfer the said amount in his bank account, he said.
Singh agreed to pay the bribe amount in two instalments and at the same time lodged a complaint with Lokayukta Police at Jabalpur.
A police team laid a trap and caught Patel while accepting the first instalment of Rs 15,000 from the farmer, Dhurve said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj