MP cooperative committee official held for bribe
Seoni: Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta Police have arrested a cooperative committee official for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 15,000 from a farmer.
Rekh Ram Patel, in-charge of Seva Sahkari Samiti Malara`s paddy purchase centre under Barghat tehsil, was trapped yesterday, DSP (Lokayukta) N S Dhurve said.
Dijan Singh, a farmer of village Muaad, had sold his paddy stock at the procurement centre for Rs 5,50,000. Patel asked for a bribe of Rs 30,000 from the farmer to transfer the said amount in his bank account, he said.
Singh agreed to pay the bribe amount in two instalments and at the same time lodged a complaint with Lokayukta Police at Jabalpur.
A police team laid a trap and caught Patel while accepting the first instalment of Rs 15,000 from the farmer, Dhurve said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Accused of 'intimidation', Delhi Deputy CM Sisodia to stage protest march to PM Modi's residence
- IIFA 2016: Priyanka Chopra wins 'Woman of the Year' award, expresses her joy on Twitter! - View pic
- Dada responds to Ravi Shastri's 'Sourav Ganguly absent' remark - Here's what he said
- French woman facing extradition to Chile granted bail by Delhi court
- Hot, humid Sunday morning in Delhi