MP cooperative committee official held for bribe
Seoni: Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta Police have arrested a cooperative committee official for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 15,000 from a farmer.
Rekh Ram Patel, in-charge of Seva Sahkari Samiti Malara`s paddy purchase centre under Barghat tehsil, was trapped yesterday, DSP (Lokayukta) N S Dhurve said.
Dijan Singh, a farmer of village Muaad, had sold his paddy stock at the procurement centre for Rs 5,50,000. Patel asked for a bribe of Rs 30,000 from the farmer to transfer the said amount in his bank account, he said.
Singh agreed to pay the bribe amount in two instalments and at the same time lodged a complaint with Lokayukta Police at Jabalpur.
A police team laid a trap and caught Patel while accepting the first instalment of Rs 15,000 from the farmer, Dhurve said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- SHOCKING! Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Haryana - WATCH VIDEO
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to star in Ajay Devgn's ‘Baadshaho’?
- AgustaWestland bribery scam: CBI questions ex-IAF deputy chief JS Gujaral
- Subramanian Swamy may soon form Virat Hindustan Sansadiya Sangam of MPs for grand Hindutva concept
- Indian Premier League, Match 28: Gujarat Lions vs Kings XI Punjab - Preview