MP cooperative committee official held for bribe
Seoni: Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta Police have arrested a cooperative committee official for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 15,000 from a farmer.
Rekh Ram Patel, in-charge of Seva Sahkari Samiti Malara`s paddy purchase centre under Barghat tehsil, was trapped yesterday, DSP (Lokayukta) N S Dhurve said.
Dijan Singh, a farmer of village Muaad, had sold his paddy stock at the procurement centre for Rs 5,50,000. Patel asked for a bribe of Rs 30,000 from the farmer to transfer the said amount in his bank account, he said.
Singh agreed to pay the bribe amount in two instalments and at the same time lodged a complaint with Lokayukta Police at Jabalpur.
A police team laid a trap and caught Patel while accepting the first instalment of Rs 15,000 from the farmer, Dhurve said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP