MP: Cops quell bid to gherao CM`s residence
Bhopal: Police on Sunday used force to disperse activist of Anna Hazare`s India Against Corruption (IAC) when they tried to gherao Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s residence.
A total of 25 persons incuding five girls were arrested by the police from the chief minister`s residence while trying to cross the barricades erected on the road, official sources said.
As activists reached the spot before schedule and tried to cross the barricades, police cane charged them to disperse them from the spot.
The arrested activists were sent to jail from the spot, sources said, adding that the situation was brought under control soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Thanks to natural forces, Antarctic temperature falls! But it's temporary
- I wanted to bat in the top seven for a long time, reveals Ravichandran Ashwin
- Ugly spat: Renuka Chowdhury reacts to Harsimrat Kaur's 'Kachra' allegation, calls it 'cheap political drama'
- Three suspects arrested in Florida for trying to join terror group ISIS
- PM Modi pays tribute to Chandra Shekhar Azad, Bal Gangadhar Tilak on birth anniversaries