MP Court asks cops to book Kejriwal for `insulting` tricolour
Sagar: A local court in Bina town in Madhya Pradesh has directed police to register a case against Aam Aadmi Party convenor Arvind Kejriwal and his associates for allegedly disrespecting the national flag.
A complaint was recently filed in this regard by Rajendra Mishra in the court of Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC), R K Devalia alleging that AAP workers while campaigning for the party at different places in the country carry their party symbol "Jhaadu" (broom) along with the national flag.
He also alleged that AAP workers on the one hand sweep the floor with a broom and later wave with it along with the national flag, which amounts to disrespect.
"The complaint was filed under section 2 of the Prevention of Insult to the National Honour Act 1971, the complainant`s advocate," Alok Sharma told reporters.
After taking cognisance of the matter, the court yesterday directed police to register a case against 10 AAP leaders, namely Kejriwal, Ashutosh, Rajmohan Gandhi, Shazia Ilmi, Sagar Lok Sabha seat candidate Atul Mishra, local party workers Gita Patel, Jagpreet Singh Bhogal, Kshitij Jain, Malkhan Parihar and Shikhar Agrawal in the matter.
The court directed police to register a case and forward it the Delhi Police Commissioner for further action.
Bina Police Station In-charge, T M Sayyed confirmed receipt of the copy of the court order and said police will take appropriate action in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore