MP Court asks cops to book Kejriwal for `insulting` tricolour
Sagar: A local court in Bina town in Madhya Pradesh has directed police to register a case against Aam Aadmi Party convenor Arvind Kejriwal and his associates for allegedly disrespecting the national flag.
A complaint was recently filed in this regard by Rajendra Mishra in the court of Judicial Magistrate First Class (JMFC), R K Devalia alleging that AAP workers while campaigning for the party at different places in the country carry their party symbol "Jhaadu" (broom) along with the national flag.
He also alleged that AAP workers on the one hand sweep the floor with a broom and later wave with it along with the national flag, which amounts to disrespect.
"The complaint was filed under section 2 of the Prevention of Insult to the National Honour Act 1971, the complainant`s advocate," Alok Sharma told reporters.
After taking cognisance of the matter, the court yesterday directed police to register a case against 10 AAP leaders, namely Kejriwal, Ashutosh, Rajmohan Gandhi, Shazia Ilmi, Sagar Lok Sabha seat candidate Atul Mishra, local party workers Gita Patel, Jagpreet Singh Bhogal, Kshitij Jain, Malkhan Parihar and Shikhar Agrawal in the matter.
The court directed police to register a case and forward it the Delhi Police Commissioner for further action.
Bina Police Station In-charge, T M Sayyed confirmed receipt of the copy of the court order and said police will take appropriate action in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31