MP court completes rape trial in 10 days, awards youth 14-yr RI
Khandwa (MP): Setting a precedent by completing the trial in ten days after filing of the chargesheet, a fast-track court here in Madhya Pradesh on Monday sentenced a youth to 14-year rigorous imprisonment for raping a one-and-a-half-years-old girl in 2012.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on the convict Jitendra (21), who raped the minor on November 22 last at Bhadlikheda village after abducting her from outside her house.
The sentence was awarded by the District and Sessions Judge Jagdish Baheti after convicting Jitendra under section 6 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act 2012, the prosecution said.
"The chargesheet in the case was filed on January 18 and the court recorded evidences between January 21-24", said Public Prosecutor Babulal Mandloi.
The court found the evidences against the accused credible and handed down the 14-year term to him, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...