MP court completes rape trial in 10 days, awards youth 14-yr RI
Khandwa (MP): Setting a precedent by completing the trial in ten days after filing of the chargesheet, a fast-track court here in Madhya Pradesh on Monday sentenced a youth to 14-year rigorous imprisonment for raping a one-and-a-half-years-old girl in 2012.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on the convict Jitendra (21), who raped the minor on November 22 last at Bhadlikheda village after abducting her from outside her house.
The sentence was awarded by the District and Sessions Judge Jagdish Baheti after convicting Jitendra under section 6 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act 2012, the prosecution said.
"The chargesheet in the case was filed on January 18 and the court recorded evidences between January 21-24", said Public Prosecutor Babulal Mandloi.
The court found the evidences against the accused credible and handed down the 14-year term to him, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!