MP court completes rape trial in 10 days, awards youth 14-yr RI
Khandwa (MP): Setting a precedent by completing the trial in ten days after filing of the chargesheet, a fast-track court here in Madhya Pradesh on Monday sentenced a youth to 14-year rigorous imprisonment for raping a one-and-a-half-years-old girl in 2012.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on the convict Jitendra (21), who raped the minor on November 22 last at Bhadlikheda village after abducting her from outside her house.
The sentence was awarded by the District and Sessions Judge Jagdish Baheti after convicting Jitendra under section 6 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act 2012, the prosecution said.
"The chargesheet in the case was filed on January 18 and the court recorded evidences between January 21-24", said Public Prosecutor Babulal Mandloi.
The court found the evidences against the accused credible and handed down the 14-year term to him, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are festivals and other social fete being manipulated for political benefits?
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days