MP court completes rape trial in 10 days, awards youth 14-yr RI
Khandwa (MP): Setting a precedent by completing the trial in ten days after filing of the chargesheet, a fast-track court here in Madhya Pradesh on Monday sentenced a youth to 14-year rigorous imprisonment for raping a one-and-a-half-years-old girl in 2012.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on the convict Jitendra (21), who raped the minor on November 22 last at Bhadlikheda village after abducting her from outside her house.
The sentence was awarded by the District and Sessions Judge Jagdish Baheti after convicting Jitendra under section 6 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act 2012, the prosecution said.
"The chargesheet in the case was filed on January 18 and the court recorded evidences between January 21-24", said Public Prosecutor Babulal Mandloi.
The court found the evidences against the accused credible and handed down the 14-year term to him, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan