MP court completes rape trial in 10 days, awards youth 14-yr RI
Khandwa (MP): Setting a precedent by completing the trial in ten days after filing of the chargesheet, a fast-track court here in Madhya Pradesh on Monday sentenced a youth to 14-year rigorous imprisonment for raping a one-and-a-half-years-old girl in 2012.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 5,000 on the convict Jitendra (21), who raped the minor on November 22 last at Bhadlikheda village after abducting her from outside her house.
The sentence was awarded by the District and Sessions Judge Jagdish Baheti after convicting Jitendra under section 6 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act 2012, the prosecution said.
"The chargesheet in the case was filed on January 18 and the court recorded evidences between January 21-24", said Public Prosecutor Babulal Mandloi.
The court found the evidences against the accused credible and handed down the 14-year term to him, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS