MP court orders Nirmal Baba to appear before it on July 17
Sagar (MP): A court at Bina town in the district on Monday rejected the application of controversial godman Nirmal Baba seeking exemption from personal appearance in a case of cheating.
Judicial Magistrate First Class RK Devalia directed Nirmal Baba to appear before the court on July 17.
The application had been moved by Nirmal Baba`s lawyer, MS Kourav.
Following a complaint filed by Bina resident Surendra Vishwkarma against the spiritual leader, the court had issued a non-bailable arrest warrant, and directed the police to produce him on June 25.
But police informed the court that a team which went to an address in New Delhi`s Nehru Place area found that he was not there.
Sessions court at Khurai in the district had earlier rejected Baba`s anticipatory bail application.
According to Vihwakarma, he kept Rs 2,000 in a black purse so that his finances may improve, on Baba`s instructions. But instead, he lost the purse with the money.
Also, Baba had advised him to give `kheer` to his ailing diabetic father, but it led to rise in the sugar level and worsened his condition, the complaint says.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency