MP court orders Nirmal Baba to appear before it on July 17
Sagar (MP): A court at Bina town in the district on Monday rejected the application of controversial godman Nirmal Baba seeking exemption from personal appearance in a case of cheating.
Judicial Magistrate First Class RK Devalia directed Nirmal Baba to appear before the court on July 17.
The application had been moved by Nirmal Baba`s lawyer, MS Kourav.
Following a complaint filed by Bina resident Surendra Vishwkarma against the spiritual leader, the court had issued a non-bailable arrest warrant, and directed the police to produce him on June 25.
But police informed the court that a team which went to an address in New Delhi`s Nehru Place area found that he was not there.
Sessions court at Khurai in the district had earlier rejected Baba`s anticipatory bail application.
According to Vihwakarma, he kept Rs 2,000 in a black purse so that his finances may improve, on Baba`s instructions. But instead, he lost the purse with the money.
Also, Baba had advised him to give `kheer` to his ailing diabetic father, but it led to rise in the sugar level and worsened his condition, the complaint says.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- French Open 2016, Day 8: Muguruza, Rogers, Murray, Wawrinka into quarters
- Comets responsible for initiating life on planet Earth: Study
- Twitter profile picture may reveal your personality
- BJP names 12 candidates for Rajya Sabha seat; Venkaiah Naidu, Nirmala Sitharaman, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi tops list
- 'Government should make Amitabh face of tobacco control campaign'