MP court orders Nirmal Baba to appear before it on July 17
Sagar (MP): A court at Bina town in the district on Monday rejected the application of controversial godman Nirmal Baba seeking exemption from personal appearance in a case of cheating.
Judicial Magistrate First Class RK Devalia directed Nirmal Baba to appear before the court on July 17.
The application had been moved by Nirmal Baba`s lawyer, MS Kourav.
Following a complaint filed by Bina resident Surendra Vishwkarma against the spiritual leader, the court had issued a non-bailable arrest warrant, and directed the police to produce him on June 25.
But police informed the court that a team which went to an address in New Delhi`s Nehru Place area found that he was not there.
Sessions court at Khurai in the district had earlier rejected Baba`s anticipatory bail application.
According to Vihwakarma, he kept Rs 2,000 in a black purse so that his finances may improve, on Baba`s instructions. But instead, he lost the purse with the money.
Also, Baba had advised him to give `kheer` to his ailing diabetic father, but it led to rise in the sugar level and worsened his condition, the complaint says.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what