MP doc performed 5000 autopsies sans leave in six yrs: Minister
Bhopal: A government doctor in Indore has carried out over 5000 autopsies in the last six years without taking a single leave, the feat which was recognised by the Limca Book of Records, the Madhya Pradesh Assembly was told on Wednesday.
"Dr Bharat Bajpai has not taken any leave since last six years even if there is a marriage in his family and has so far performed over 5,000 postmortem operations," Public Health Minister Mahendra Hardia informed the state Assembly today in response to a question from BJP`s Sudarshan Gupta.
Admitting there was no separate postmortem cell at the Indore government hospital, Hardia said, "necessary facilities" are being provided to carry out the procedures.
"A proposal to construct the separate postmortem cell, under the National Rural Health Mission, with an estimated cost of Rs 11.50 lakh, is pending and efforts will be made to include it in the next budget," the minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand