MP doc performed 5000 autopsies sans leave in six yrs: Minister
Bhopal: A government doctor in Indore has carried out over 5000 autopsies in the last six years without taking a single leave, the feat which was recognised by the Limca Book of Records, the Madhya Pradesh Assembly was told on Wednesday.
"Dr Bharat Bajpai has not taken any leave since last six years even if there is a marriage in his family and has so far performed over 5,000 postmortem operations," Public Health Minister Mahendra Hardia informed the state Assembly today in response to a question from BJP`s Sudarshan Gupta.
Admitting there was no separate postmortem cell at the Indore government hospital, Hardia said, "necessary facilities" are being provided to carry out the procedures.
"A proposal to construct the separate postmortem cell, under the National Rural Health Mission, with an estimated cost of Rs 11.50 lakh, is pending and efforts will be made to include it in the next budget," the minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?