MP doc performed 5000 autopsies sans leave in six yrs: Minister
Bhopal: A government doctor in Indore has carried out over 5000 autopsies in the last six years without taking a single leave, the feat which was recognised by the Limca Book of Records, the Madhya Pradesh Assembly was told on Wednesday.
"Dr Bharat Bajpai has not taken any leave since last six years even if there is a marriage in his family and has so far performed over 5,000 postmortem operations," Public Health Minister Mahendra Hardia informed the state Assembly today in response to a question from BJP`s Sudarshan Gupta.
Admitting there was no separate postmortem cell at the Indore government hospital, Hardia said, "necessary facilities" are being provided to carry out the procedures.
"A proposal to construct the separate postmortem cell, under the National Rural Health Mission, with an estimated cost of Rs 11.50 lakh, is pending and efforts will be made to include it in the next budget," the minister added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory