MP exam scam: Sudhir Sharma sent to judicial custody till Aug 13
Zee Media Bureau
Bhopal: A local court remanded mining baron and a key accused in the Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board`s (MPPEB) police sub-inspector and constable recruitment exam, Sudhir Sharma to judicial custody till August 13.
Sharma had surrendered before a court here last week. He was absconding for a long time and the Special Task Force (STF) which is probing the MPPEB scam had announced a reward of Rs 5,000 on him.
The STF had formally Sharma arrested him after the court handed over Sharma on a day`s remand.
Sharma maintains that he has been falsely implicated in the case.
Sharma, who was a school teacher, was very close to arrested former Higher and Technical Education Minister, Laxmikant Sharma.
The court also directed the STF to submit the case diary related to the constable recruitment scam tomorrow in court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez