Indore: Police have sent DNA samples of 25 more unidentified victims of the Petlawad explosion, to ascertain whether the prime accused Rajendra Kasawa, who is missing since the blast took place, was actually dead.
"We have sent the samples of the bodies of 25 unidentified bodies to state crime branch Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) in Sagar, to ascertain whether Kasawa was dead or alive," said Seema Alawa, head of Special Investigation Team (SIT) constituted to probe the blast.
Kasawa carries a reward of Rs five lakh on his head.
On September 12, 89 people were killed and nearly 100 injured after a massive blast caused by mining explosives stored in a building ripped through a crowded area in Petlawad town of Jhabua district in Madhya Pradesh.
Alawa said that earlier they has sent three samples of unidentified bodies to FSL Sagar for DNA profiling but none of them matched with the family members of Kasawa.
She said that a court in Jhabua district has permitted them to carry out narco-test on six relatives of Kasawa, including his wife, to ascertain if Kasawa was dead.
As soon as the SIT gets the date for narco test from FSL based in Gandhinagar, it will take his relatives there, she added.
On September 16, Kasawa's wife Pramila had reportedly told police that as soon as her husband received the news on phone that smoke is billowing from his godown, he rushed to the spot and did not return.
She had informed police that he might have possibly died in the explosion or its aftermath.
According to an eye-witness, a minor blast took place at Kasawa's godown first and those who were near the new bus stand rushed to the spot to see what had happened.
Kasawa had been booked under Indian Penal Code Section 304 (manslaughter) and other sections of Explosive Substance Act.
Meanwhile, former Judge of MP High Court A K Saxena was carrying out judicial probe into the blast.