MP: Farmers protest against Land Acquisition Act
Indore: Terming the current Land Acquisition
Act as colonial, large number of farmers under the banner of
Bhartiya Kisan Sangh on Monday staged a protest before the
district collectorate demanding nullification of the "archaic"
"Under the current Act, farmers` fertile land is being
acquired forcibly for setting up industries and for other
projects and we strongly oppose it," Sangh`s national
vice-president, Dayaram Dhakad told reporters here.
We have sought that this act be nullified and be replaced
with a new farmer-friendly law, he said.
Farmers also protested the hike in the prices of
fertilisers, pesticides, electricity and seeds on the
Many farmers whose lands were acquired by the government
for industries and several other projects took part in the
The district administration has made elaborate
arrangements to deal with any situation in view of the
agitation at the collectorate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months