MP: Farmers protest against Land Acquisition Act
Indore: Terming the current Land Acquisition
Act as colonial, large number of farmers under the banner of
Bhartiya Kisan Sangh on Monday staged a protest before the
district collectorate demanding nullification of the "archaic"
"Under the current Act, farmers` fertile land is being
acquired forcibly for setting up industries and for other
projects and we strongly oppose it," Sangh`s national
vice-president, Dayaram Dhakad told reporters here.
We have sought that this act be nullified and be replaced
with a new farmer-friendly law, he said.
Farmers also protested the hike in the prices of
fertilisers, pesticides, electricity and seeds on the
Many farmers whose lands were acquired by the government
for industries and several other projects took part in the
The district administration has made elaborate
arrangements to deal with any situation in view of the
agitation at the collectorate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- DNA: Minor burnt three puppies to death in Hyderabad
- DNA: Today in History, July 21, 2016
- Gold down by Rs 51 to Rs 31,347 per 10 gram in futures trade
- ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth mania grips nation – WATCH to believe it
- Two UAE women reunite with Indian mother after 28 years
- Dalit youth beaten, urinated upon in Bihar, says FIR
- Lok Sabha Speaker calls Bhagwant Mann video of Parliament security 'serious', hints action is coming