MP: Farmers protest against Land Acquisition Act
Indore: Terming the current Land Acquisition
Act as colonial, large number of farmers under the banner of
Bhartiya Kisan Sangh on Monday staged a protest before the
district collectorate demanding nullification of the "archaic"
"Under the current Act, farmers` fertile land is being
acquired forcibly for setting up industries and for other
projects and we strongly oppose it," Sangh`s national
vice-president, Dayaram Dhakad told reporters here.
We have sought that this act be nullified and be replaced
with a new farmer-friendly law, he said.
Farmers also protested the hike in the prices of
fertilisers, pesticides, electricity and seeds on the
Many farmers whose lands were acquired by the government
for industries and several other projects took part in the
The district administration has made elaborate
arrangements to deal with any situation in view of the
agitation at the collectorate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Gerard Pique agrees with extra holidays for Neymar
- Politics over Yoga? BMC makes 'Surya Namaskar' mandatory in all affiliated schools in Mumbai
- Russia might use Iran air base again to carry out attacks on terror targets in Syria
- Sri Lanka vs Australia, 2nd ODI — As it happened...
- Special session of Goa Assembly to ratify GST on August 31