MP: Farmers protest against Land Acquisition Act
Indore: Terming the current Land Acquisition
Act as colonial, large number of farmers under the banner of
Bhartiya Kisan Sangh on Monday staged a protest before the
district collectorate demanding nullification of the "archaic"
"Under the current Act, farmers` fertile land is being
acquired forcibly for setting up industries and for other
projects and we strongly oppose it," Sangh`s national
vice-president, Dayaram Dhakad told reporters here.
We have sought that this act be nullified and be replaced
with a new farmer-friendly law, he said.
Farmers also protested the hike in the prices of
fertilisers, pesticides, electricity and seeds on the
Many farmers whose lands were acquired by the government
for industries and several other projects took part in the
The district administration has made elaborate
arrangements to deal with any situation in view of the
agitation at the collectorate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video