MP farmers to get power at Rs 1,200 for agricultural purpose
Indore: Farmers in Madhya Pradesh will get power for agricultural purposes by paying a flat rate of Rs 1,200 a year, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan announced on Saturday.
"There will be no meter reading on connections installed inside agricultural wells and farmers would get power supply for 10-hour a day instead of 8 hours," Chouhan said while addressing farmers and party workers at "Vikas Sammelan" held at Sanver, 30 kms from here.
He reiterated that all districts in the state would start getting 24x7 power supply under "Atal Jyoti Programme" by June 15.
"Farmers would have to buy a power motor of 1 Horse Power (HP) capacity to avail electricity at the single fixed rate of Rs 1,200 per year, and can pay the amount either in one go or in two instalments to (the) Power Board", the Chief Minister said.
Chouhan told the gathering that the Narmada-Shipra river linking project would be completed by this year-end and would irrigate 16 lakh hectares of land in Malwa region alone.
Earlier, he inaugurated and laid the foundation stone for various development works in the region, worth Rs 32.53 crore and of Rs 20 crore in Kharjana area.
The Chief Minister said that of the Rs 12 crore grant sanctioned for Sanver town, Rs 8 crore will be utilised for a drinking water project and rest on building roads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers