MP farmers to get power at Rs 1,200 for agricultural purpose
Indore: Farmers in Madhya Pradesh will get power for agricultural purposes by paying a flat rate of Rs 1,200 a year, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan announced on Saturday.
"There will be no meter reading on connections installed inside agricultural wells and farmers would get power supply for 10-hour a day instead of 8 hours," Chouhan said while addressing farmers and party workers at "Vikas Sammelan" held at Sanver, 30 kms from here.
He reiterated that all districts in the state would start getting 24x7 power supply under "Atal Jyoti Programme" by June 15.
"Farmers would have to buy a power motor of 1 Horse Power (HP) capacity to avail electricity at the single fixed rate of Rs 1,200 per year, and can pay the amount either in one go or in two instalments to (the) Power Board", the Chief Minister said.
Chouhan told the gathering that the Narmada-Shipra river linking project would be completed by this year-end and would irrigate 16 lakh hectares of land in Malwa region alone.
Earlier, he inaugurated and laid the foundation stone for various development works in the region, worth Rs 32.53 crore and of Rs 20 crore in Kharjana area.
The Chief Minister said that of the Rs 12 crore grant sanctioned for Sanver town, Rs 8 crore will be utilised for a drinking water project and rest on building roads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi