MP farmers to get power at Rs 1,200 for agricultural purpose
Indore: Farmers in Madhya Pradesh will get power for agricultural purposes by paying a flat rate of Rs 1,200 a year, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan announced on Saturday.
"There will be no meter reading on connections installed inside agricultural wells and farmers would get power supply for 10-hour a day instead of 8 hours," Chouhan said while addressing farmers and party workers at "Vikas Sammelan" held at Sanver, 30 kms from here.
He reiterated that all districts in the state would start getting 24x7 power supply under "Atal Jyoti Programme" by June 15.
"Farmers would have to buy a power motor of 1 Horse Power (HP) capacity to avail electricity at the single fixed rate of Rs 1,200 per year, and can pay the amount either in one go or in two instalments to (the) Power Board", the Chief Minister said.
Chouhan told the gathering that the Narmada-Shipra river linking project would be completed by this year-end and would irrigate 16 lakh hectares of land in Malwa region alone.
Earlier, he inaugurated and laid the foundation stone for various development works in the region, worth Rs 32.53 crore and of Rs 20 crore in Kharjana area.
The Chief Minister said that of the Rs 12 crore grant sanctioned for Sanver town, Rs 8 crore will be utilised for a drinking water project and rest on building roads.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!