MP Finance Minister Raghavji resigns over sodomy allegations
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Finance Minister Raghavji on Friday resigned from his post after an obscene CD purportedly featuring him surfaced and a police complaint by his servant alleging that he was being sexually exploited by the minister.
The 79-year-old minister submitted his resignation to Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, who forwarded it to state Governor Ram Naresh Yadav for acceptance, official sources said.
Chouhan is learnt to have asked Raghavji to resign after an obscene CD purportedly featuring him surfaced and the minister`s servant filed a police complaint yesterday against him alleging that he was being sexually exploited.
The minister, however, dismissed the allegations, terming them as politically motivated.
Raghavji had set a record by presenting the state budget for 10 years in succession from 2004 to 2013.
The sources said that Chouhan has asked Water Resources Minister Jayant Malaiyya to look after the finance portfolio.
Describing the incident as unfortunate, Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly Ajay Singh said that in politics "moral corruption" was a much worse thing than corruption.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read