MP firing: Cong seeks Rs 10L compensation
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Congress on Tuesday demanded that Rs 10 lakh be immediately paid as compensation to the family of a farmer killed in the Bareli police firing.
Addressing a joint press conference, the State Congress media department chairman Manak Agarwal and the State Kisan Congress President Virendra Singh Rana held Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan responsible for the yesterday`s Bareli incident and sought his resignation.
About 40 people were also injured when police fired at the farmers protesting wheat procurement and shortage of jute bags in Bareli town.
Agarwal said that the manner in which wheat was being procured in the state had left farmers angry and disappointed.
He said that there was a shortage of gunny bags this year as the state government had not paid money to the private traders from whom it had made purchases last year.
Agarwal said that there was no point in blaming the Centre or the Congress for the crisis. "It is well-known that the crisis is the handiwork of the BJP government in the state," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested