MP: Five brothers get life imprisonment for murder
Barwani (MP): A local court has awarded life imprisonment to five brothers for killing a farmer belonging to a tribal community in Silawad area of the district two years ago.
Additional District Judge of Barwani H S Solanki sentenced Bala, Rem Singh, Hajariya, Mastariya and Babu to life sentences for the murder of Jhanzad Barela.
The court also imposed fine of Rs 5,000 on each of them.
According to the prosecution, the five brothers had killed Barela with sharp-edged weapons on August 22, 2010 over a land dispute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29