MP: Five brothers get life imprisonment for murder
Barwani (MP): A local court has awarded life imprisonment to five brothers for killing a farmer belonging to a tribal community in Silawad area of the district two years ago.
Additional District Judge of Barwani H S Solanki sentenced Bala, Rem Singh, Hajariya, Mastariya and Babu to life sentences for the murder of Jhanzad Barela.
The court also imposed fine of Rs 5,000 on each of them.
According to the prosecution, the five brothers had killed Barela with sharp-edged weapons on August 22, 2010 over a land dispute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'