MP gang-rape: Three get 14-year imprisonment
Gwalior: A local court has sentenced three persons to 14 years` rigorous imprisonment in a gang-rape case.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Ajit Singh yesterday sentenced the three - Rakesh Singh, Vishambhar Singh and Niranjan Singh - to life imprisonment and also slapped a fine of Rs 10,000 on each of them.
According to prosecution, on April 20, 2012, the three had gang-raped a minor girl by forcing her into their car in Govindpuri locality here.
After gang-raping the girl, they had dumped her near Mahalgaon Hills on the city`s outskirts.
Later, the girl`s parents had registered an offence with police.
The three were then arrested and a chargesheet was prepared after an identification parade before the victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!