MP gang-rape: Three get 14-year imprisonment
Gwalior: A local court has sentenced three persons to 14 years` rigorous imprisonment in a gang-rape case.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Ajit Singh yesterday sentenced the three - Rakesh Singh, Vishambhar Singh and Niranjan Singh - to life imprisonment and also slapped a fine of Rs 10,000 on each of them.
According to prosecution, on April 20, 2012, the three had gang-raped a minor girl by forcing her into their car in Govindpuri locality here.
After gang-raping the girl, they had dumped her near Mahalgaon Hills on the city`s outskirts.
Later, the girl`s parents had registered an offence with police.
The three were then arrested and a chargesheet was prepared after an identification parade before the victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam