MP gang-rape: Three get 14-year imprisonment
Gwalior: A local court has sentenced three persons to 14 years` rigorous imprisonment in a gang-rape case.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Ajit Singh yesterday sentenced the three - Rakesh Singh, Vishambhar Singh and Niranjan Singh - to life imprisonment and also slapped a fine of Rs 10,000 on each of them.
According to prosecution, on April 20, 2012, the three had gang-raped a minor girl by forcing her into their car in Govindpuri locality here.
After gang-raping the girl, they had dumped her near Mahalgaon Hills on the city`s outskirts.
Later, the girl`s parents had registered an offence with police.
The three were then arrested and a chargesheet was prepared after an identification parade before the victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days