MP gang-rape: Three get 14-year imprisonment
Gwalior: A local court has sentenced three persons to 14 years` rigorous imprisonment in a gang-rape case.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Ajit Singh yesterday sentenced the three - Rakesh Singh, Vishambhar Singh and Niranjan Singh - to life imprisonment and also slapped a fine of Rs 10,000 on each of them.
According to prosecution, on April 20, 2012, the three had gang-raped a minor girl by forcing her into their car in Govindpuri locality here.
After gang-raping the girl, they had dumped her near Mahalgaon Hills on the city`s outskirts.
Later, the girl`s parents had registered an offence with police.
The three were then arrested and a chargesheet was prepared after an identification parade before the victim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen